Search this Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anelka Signs Extension with Chelsea




Who needs the French national team or the World Cup? Cetainly not Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka. He signed a one year contract extension with the Blues to add on to the final year left on his current deal, allowing him to remain until 2012.

Sounding like a man relieved to escape the hell that was the French team in South Africa, Anelka said "When I first came to Chelsea I wanted to stay much longer than I did in the past with other clubs, It is a big club, you play with big players and I like this club, I like London. There is no need to move anymore and so I am very glad to sign a new contract and I know we will play in big games and win titles. I am very glad."

Adds Manager Carlo Ancelotti: "Nicolas is a fantastic player who has good technical qualities and movement. When I was coach at Juventus I wanted to buy him, so it is good now he has signed for me and I think Chelsea is his home. I look forward to working with him for one year more."

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment